Showing all 9 results
A Handbook of Spiritual Medicine€33.99
A Handbook of Spiritual Medicine
This spiritual guide to the self is a handbook of tazkiyah or ‘self-purification’. Not only does it illustrate the maladies of the human spiritual condition, it recognises the struggles and insecurities we all succumb to from time to time, and offers up the remedies too. The antidotes to our ailments are drawn from Qur’ānic verses and authentic ahādīth (Prophetic sayings), inspiring mindfulness of the Almighty Cherisher and His Beloved Prophet. This guidebook, drawing on the 11th and 12th Century works of the ‘Proof of Islam’ and wondrous sage, Imām Abū Hāmid Al-Ghazālī, can be applied to our busy lives in the modern, hi-tech era, and will prove accessible to people of all ages, all denominations: believers and non-believers alike.
Characteristics of the Hypocrites€10.99
Hypocrisy is a deep-rooted and all-pervading spiritual disease. A person’s heart could be overflowing with it yet be oblivious of it due to its hidden and subtle nature; frequently it leads a person to think they are acting rightly when in reality he is spreading corruption. It is of two types: major and minor; majority hypocrisy leads to eternal punishment in the lowest depths of Hell; it is to outwardly display faith in Allah, His Angles, His Books, His Messengers, and the last Day whereas inwardly one is devoid of such belief, indeed disbelieving in it. They do not believe that Allah spoke to a man amongst men whom He appointed to be Messenger: guiding them by His permission and warning them of His punishments. In the Qur’an, Allah has revealed the intrigues of the hypocrites, He has unveiled their belief, their qualities, and made their goals clear so that the believers can be aware of them. He divided mankind into three groups in the beginning of Surah al-Baqarah: the believer, the disbeliever, and the hypocrite. He mentioned four verses concerning the believers, two concerning the disbelievers, and thirteen verses concerning the hypocrites, due to their plenitude and the great harm and tribulation they bring to Islam and the Muslims. The harm they cause to Islam is truly severe for they claim to be Muslims, they claim to aid and support Islam, whereas in reality, they are its enemies seeking to destroy it from within, covertly spreading their corruption and ignorance such that the unwary thinks that what they are upon is knowledge and right action. By Allah! How many strongholds of Islam have they destroyed; how many fortresses have they rendered to ruin; how many signposts of Islam have they effected; how many raised flags have they lowered; and how many seeds of doubt have they attempted to sow in order to uproot the religion! The author, Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (d. 751H), was one of the most prolific scholars of Islam. He studied under Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah for sixteen years and accompanied him up and till his death; learning a great deal of knowledge from him. He authored over sixty works, covering a multitude of Islamic sciences; his writings are characterised by their touching address to the heart and soul. He was deeply religious and very pious.
Ramadan Reflections – A Guided Journal€19.50
‘A beautiful unique day-by-day companion throughout the Holy Month’ – DR. OMAR SULEIMAN
A must-have intimate journal to guide you through Ramadan and deepen your individual connection to Allah for the year ahead.
With inspiring reflections, practical exercises, powerful quotes and drawing from the spiritual wisdom of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah, it offers an invitation to…
– Let your heart ponder through stillness and reflection on insightful words that stir the soul.
– Immerse yourself in du’a and use this opportunity to speak to your Lord in supplication.
– Journal about spiritual themes and subjects, encouraging you to turn inwards and pen personal revelations for you.
A journey within a journey. A space for transformation. This journal is a path with and for The Most Merciful.
Fortress Of The Muslim [Pocket Size Edition]€5.50
Fortress Of The Muslim – Invocations From the Qur’an & Sunnah.
Invocations from the Qur’an & Sunnah. Translation of Hisnul-Muslim. (aka ‘Citadel of the Believer’)
This beautiful booklet consists of many authentic Dua’s (supplications) for a Muslim to supplicate on a daily basis and on special occasions.
Forty Hadith: Arabic/Eng, Pocket Size€4.00Publisher: Islamic Book Service – IBSSize/Vol.: A7 (7.4×10.5 cm – 2.91×4.13 in – Pocket small)ISBN : 8172311982Size – 12 x 9 x 1 cm
Imam al-Nawawi’s, rahimullah, Forty Hadith collection in full colour, glossy print.
Arabic text with English translation & transliteration.
Recommended! Makes a nice gift.
ICO Islamic Studies Textbook Grade 6 Part 1 & 2€34.99
In this grade, learners will discover the wisdom behind Allah’s (swt) sending of messengers and revealing divine scriptures. They will also study the true meaning of worship and the status of ihsaan. The Qur’an lessons comprise of the recitation of the 27th Juzu’ and memorization of Soorat Al-Muzzammil and Soorat Al-Jinn. Life of Hijrah is the focal point of the Seerah section. It includes the biographies of Uthmaan Ibn Al-Affaan (ra) and Ali Ibn Abee Taalib (ra). The significance of Sawm and Hajj are important topics discussed at this grade level. This book concludes with lessons on the adhkaar said during windstorms or rain, and the etiquette of social gatherings. The material is presented, using a spiral approach, where students revisit each area and study it in greater depth each year. The Student’s Textbook contains the subject text of the lessons, exercises as well as activities.
The ICO project is a distinguished one because:
- Our curricula meet the needs of the target audience for integrated, coherent, and appropriate curricula.
- They were prepared according to scientific bases, assimilating the most recent educational and psychological theories.
- They were prepared by special educationists who are experienced in designing curricula and who are familiar with the needs of the target group.
- They employed the most recent techniques and educational aids.
- They went through many quality control processes, which were carried out by specialized committees, and they were enhanced by teachers who evaluated the curricula before releasing them.
The Features and Characteristics of the Textbooks:
These books were prepared by the International Curricula Organization (ICO) and have certain features, which distinguish them from any other textbooks:
First: The Technical Features:
- The textbooks have been designed in accordance with the international quality standards in all aspects: colors, paper, size, illustration, and printing.
- They have been furnished with the appropriate illustrations and pictures which match the students’ educational stage and environment.
- The texts have been distributed and organized in a way that makes the text stand out, paying special attention to the font type and size, and the spaces; and colors were chosen carefully to appeal to the target audience.
Second: The Instructional and Linguistic Features:
- Reinforce the proper linguistic basis of the non-Arabic speaking students.
- They build the students’ linguistic dictionary according to their environmental needs.
- Provide non-Arabic speaking students with a good deal of Islamic vocabulary.
- Identify the correct articulation of the different sounds through the study of the Glorious Qur’an.
- Enable the students to evade making mistakes when reciting the Glorious Qur’an through employing the rules of the Arabic language.
- Provide an integrated curriculum with well-prepared scientific content and vocabulary.
- Take into consideration the students’ individual mental differences and their diverse linguistic skills.
- Consider the students’ different cultures.
- Develop the students’ creativity and mental faculties.
Third: The Educational Content Features:
- Reinforce the principle of forgiveness and the etiquette of disagreement with others.
- Develop the spirituality, morality, and values of the students.
- Help students have good and balanced personalities.
- Develop the students’ pride in their Muslim identity.
- Help the caller to Islam to develop a balanced personality that reflects the moderation of Islam.
ICO Islamic Studies Textbook: Grade 7, Part 2€17.99
This series is designed for teaching Islamic culture to young Muslims in non-Arabic speaking countries and International Schools. The series aims to enable students to identify the foundations, principles and rules of the religion of Islam by building a strong knowledge base to enable them to maintain their faith and identity and interact with others. The curricula considered the needs of the target groups, environments in which they reside and educational policies used in the target countries.
Prayers of the Pious By Omar Suleiman (Inspirational collection)€12.00
About The Book
This inspirational collection of prayers and reminders is the perfect companion for anyone who wishes to connect to the Divine.
The author provides us with thirty short prayers taken from the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad and the early generations, each with a short reminder to deepen the impact of the prayer in our lives.
Prayers of the Pious provides spiritual gems that serve as valuable wisdom and practical advice for the soul.
By reading this short work with an attentive heart, the reader can cultivate love for God and His Messenger and live life with gratitude and contentment.
The author talks of this book himself saying; “This book “Prayers of the Pious” developed out of a series of lessons that I recorded as part of the Yaqeen Institute during Ramadan in 2018. Each day, I took a prayer from one of our pious predecessors, mostly from the Companions, and taught how to call upon our Creator the same way that they called upon Him.
By following this series on a daily basis each month, and by starting to record a personal dua’ journal, writing down your own prayers following the same manner that the pious predecessors used, you can hopefully conned to Allah in the same way they connected to Him. So I hope that you will join me on this journey, and share the Prayers of the Pious and your own prayers with everyone that you know, and please remember to also keep us in your prayers”.
About The Author
Shaykh Omar Suleiman is the young evergreen scholar with the big smile. Born and raised in Louisiana, he has a unique way of relating to a western audience through his character, and has gained the love of people of all ages and backgrounds.
He is the Founder and President of the Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research, and an Adjunct Professor of Islamic Studies in the Graduate Liberal Studies Program at SMU (Southern Methodist University). He is also the Resident Scholar at Valley Ranch Islamic Center and Co-Chair of Faith Forward Dallas at Thanks-Giving Square. He holds a Bachelors in Accounting, a Bachelors in Islamic Law, a Masters in Islamic Finance, a Masters in Political History, and is currently pursuing a Phd. in Islamic Thought and Civilization from the International Islamic University of Malaysia.